The mission of Luke's House is to be a place of medical and spiritual hope, health and healing for the people of Greater New Orleans, to provide patient centered experiences for students, and to open a doorway to long-term healthcare solutions.
Students will support the Latinx/e community in the Greater New Orleans area access to healthcare and health education through:
- Supporting and administrative duties as assigned
- Supporting outreach events through tabling at events or hosting health education activities at events
- Clinic Duties such as Scan and uploading patient documents into EHR, EHR patient profiles, and Exam room set up and reset.
- Assist with the translation of health education materials and other
A student will learn about the Latinx/e community in the city and the multiple barriers to care as well as challenges that are faced as a Spanish speaker and immigrant. Students will also learn about community health, health equity and language justice.
- High school students (9th-12th)
- Immigrants/non-English speakers
- People with low literacy
- Mental Health community members
Students interested in this site must be Spanish speakers, fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and attend training sessions as necessary.
2222 Simon Boliver Ave.
|9 a.m. – 5 p.m.||5 p.m. – 8 p.m.||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.||5 p.m. – 8 p.m.||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|11 a.m. - 4 p.m.||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
2023 Simon Bolivar Ave. location
|9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Biking • 15 min Public Transit • 25 min Driving • 10 min, street parking
2023 Simon Bolivar Ave, New Orleans LA 70113
Tuesday and Thursday only
Biking • 14 min
Public Transit • 25 min
Driving • 10 min, street parking