OCELTS’ Public Transit Policies
Loyola service learning and CBFWS students who use New Orleans streetcars and buses for transportation are eligible to receive RTA bus passes) from our office located in Marquette 312. You can also find route maps & schedules for most streetcar and bus lines outside Marquette 312 and online at www.norta.com. Due to COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment to pick up bus passes.
- RTA assistance obtained from OCELTS are for service learning and/or CBFWS use only. Using OCELTS-issued passes for personal use is strictly forbidden.
- Students are responsible for replacing lost or stolen passes. Lost or stolen passes cannot be replaced by OCELTS.
- OCELTS does not reimburse students for transportation costs.
- Students who receive a gas card are not eligible for RTA transportation assistance.
Policies: Service Learning
Students traveling off campus for a service learning placement are eligible to obtain RTA Jazzy Passes from our office. Students will be given a sufficient number of passes to go once a week over the course of a semester.
There are two periods of time per semester when students can pick up passes from the office.
- Passes for the first half of the semester are available for one week following the Placement Acceptance Period. Students must have a placement offer and acceptance on file with our office to receive transportation assistance.
- Passes for the second half of the semester are available for one week after the First Timesheet Deadline. Students must submit a timesheet by the deadline to receive the remainder of their transportation assistance.
Please note that students not completing their service learning hours on a regular, weekly basis may not be eligible for transportation assistance from our office.
CBFWS students who use public transit will be given a sufficient number of RTA passes to travel to and from their agencies or work sites enough times to complete their hours. Each pass is valid for 24 hours.
Students may receive up to 5 passes at once and must submit their timesheets regularly and on time.